Pest Control Solutions In Elk, WA
Life gets busy, and it is easy to miss the fact that bugs and rodents are starting to get into your home or business. When they get inside, they make pests of themselves. But, they also present a risk to human health, pet health, and property. We believe that no home or business owner in Elk, Washington, should go without pest control, and we have worked hard to establish service options to address common pest issues. Backwoods Pest Control offers customized services and the highest level of residential and commercial pest control. We focus on providing your exterior with the most effective materials, so you don't have to deal with pests indoors. If you'd like to learn more about our service options, or need immediate assistance with pest control in Elk, jump to our contact page and connect with us. We can help!
Home Pest Control In Elk
At its heart, effective residential pest control is about applying a strong enough barrier around the exterior of structures so that indoor pest problems vanish. In order to create this strong barrier, we apply routine treatments. We use a liquid application to treat eaves and the exterior to at least ten feet out. Bugs may enter your yard, but they won't do well near your house or have success getting inside. Along with these essential exterior treatments, we apply targeted control methods to address pests that start to establish themselves. Though life can get busy for you, we are working behind the scenes so that pests never sneak up on you.
Commercial Pest Control In Elk
No matter your industry, pests are unwelcome in your commercial space. They make your customers uneasy, lower employee morale, damage your products, cause contamination, and much more. We evaluate your business and provide solutions to stop pests before they gain access. Our technicians are highly-trained and experienced pest management professionals who use science to reduce pest activity below the economic threshold. We service a wide range of businesses, from waste management transfer stations to doctor's offices. No two businesses are exactly the same. Connect with us and speak with one of our pest professionals regarding your unique commercial pest control needs.
How To Properly Check For Bed Bugs In Elk
We help homeowners and business owners in two critical ways. First, we provide you with treatment options to target and eliminate the bugs in your home or business. Second, we provide online resources so you can learn bed bug control techniques for your home or business. A tip we give quite often is how to check for bed bugs properly. Here are a few suggestions:
- Check bedding, sheets, and pillowcases for black or brown spots.
- Inspect furniture frames for black streaks.
- Use a debit card, or another probing tool, to drag along mattress and box spring seams to bring materials to the surface. Look for shed skins, white eggs, black fecal matter, or the bed bugs themselves.
- Check under the feet of furniture. Bed bugs often tuck themselves in tight spaces you may not expect.
If you find bed bugs, contact Backwoods Pest Control to learn about receiving a bed bug control service for your home or business. We'll guide you, step by step, through the process and ensure no bugs remain.
Why Rodents Are A Problem For Elk Homes
Rats and mice are resourceful and athletic pests. They can leap over a foot into the air, scale trees, climb certain exteriors, and squeeze through openings you wouldn't expect. Mice are tiny rodents that can squeeze through gaps the width of a dime. If an opening isn't large enough, they can use their teeth to make it bigger. Rats are larger rodents but can still fit through surprisingly small gaps. An adult rat can get through a gap the width of a quarter. Once inside, there are many unfortunate things rodents do.
- Rodents chew holes to go from wall voids to interior spaces.
- Rodents chew holes to get into stored foods, contaminating any food they touch.
- Rodents leave their droppings as they explore. These droppings are a source of disease.
- Rodents leave droplets of urine, which they use to help them navigate by using their sense of smell.
- Rodents chew on stored furniture. They also get into couch cushions, rip out the stuffing, and soil the materials with their waste.
- Rodents chew on wires and thus are considered a fire hazard.
- Rodents carry ticks and fleas on their bodies. They can have dozens of these tiny parasites.
Effective rodent control in Elk is critical. While known for being annoying pests that create bumping and scraping sounds inside walls, rodents are far more of a threat than most realize. If you'd like assistance evaluating a rodent concern or advice on how you may keep rodents from entering your home or business, connect with us. The service team at Backwoods Pest Control looks forward to assisting you.